lunes, 13 de julio de 2009

Personal analysis and application of two strategies-Shary

Strategy 2: Identify and Create Opportunities
Strategy 7: Support Teacher Leaders
These two strategies can be very helpful to enhance teacher leadership. In the article it is shown how teacher who want to improve are always in the lookout for this opportunities, and how by demonstrating they are capable and receiving their authorities’ support they can reach their goals.
From my personal experience I can say that both have helped me grow as a teacher. I think that when things are not happening you should make them happen and that’s the reason I think strategy two applies to my personality.
Where I work we have the freedom to talk to our coordinator about problematic areas and she is always encouraging us to look for ways to solve those problems and to improve as teachers. I used strategy two when I saw that we had nine units to evaluate in two exams. It was causing many problems, some teachers split it five and four units, others in four and five units; there were many topics for students to study and we never agreed on a date to have the exams. I thought it would be better if we had three exams, each containing three units; I discussed it with my coordinator and she said I could try. After two or three semesters we saw good results and it was implemented for all our groups. She was happy with my work and trusted me with another task: Conversation club (strategy 7). Last semester I found another opportunity to use my leadership skills, I have talked to my coordinator and she has given me the support to work on that area. I am very glad I can count with my superiors to do this and I am paying attention to find and create more opportunities.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario